PARTIA (Promoting Art In Aintree) that has been operating within Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust since September 2007. It provides Art in all its forms within the hospital environment for patients, carers, staff and the wider community.
PARTIA has three core objectives.
- Supporting healthcare staff by incorporating the Arts into patient care and the recovery experience.
- Developing innovative Continuing Professional Development (CPD) using the performing Arts to transform staff behaviours to positively impact on attitudes and approaches and skills of staff.
- Working with Clinical Commissioning Groups to engage patients with activities that are signposted back to, and are sustainable in, the local community.
- Providing enhancing Art in patient spaces.
- Incorporating themed Art into all new builds and upgrades.
- Responding to site specific requests.
- Using Art to assist ‘wayfinding’ in the hospital grounds.
- Developing models of excellence using research e.g. Relatives’ Rooms Project.
- Expanding the exhibition system around the Trust showing loaned Art.
- Continuing to provide and develop student internships/work experience with local schools, colleges, universities and young people.
- Expanding and integrating existing cultural partnerships working with the local and Trust community.
- Supporting staff involvement and ownership of the Arts within the Trust
- Using Arts to ‘Celebrate Success’ across all staff groups.
- Advocating Foundation Trust Membership through community engagement.
- Providing a Trust allotment for the benefit of staff and their families.
- Building on existing partnerships to use Trust owned facilities for the wider community e.g. Bluebell Woods, Healthy Walks, Outdoor Gym.